Breakfast is THE most important meal of the day. Have you heard that before ? Most importantly, do you agree ?
I know as a child, I loved eating cereals in the morning. Growing up as teen and then a little older, I just went on with my day without EVER eating breakfast. I completely lost the habit of eating a healthy protein-fat-carb combo. I just could not eat that early and I think it happens to a lot of teens…
Now that I am a full grown-up and that I work out first thing in the morning, I absolutely NEED food right after. We usually eat eggs and toast in all forms (sunny side up, scrambled, egg-whites omelet…). We consume eggs almost every day and sometimes, we like to take a break with oats.
There are many ways to cook oats, you can just add water or milk and put it in the microwave for a few minutes OR you can let them sit in a jar overnight. This allows the oats to soak up and become fluffier than the fluff ;). Oats are full of protein, vitamins, fiber as well as important minerals and antioxydants.
Prep time : 2 minutes – Cooking time : 1 minute – Soaking time : 10 hours
For this recipe, grab a Jar/Tupperware and mix all the following ingredients :
- 1/3 cup (50g) raw steel cut or rolled oats
- 2/3 cup (160ml) almond milk, regular milk or water (I use unsweetened almond milk).
- matcha powder ( 2 tsp) – or cinnamon for Bobby 😉
- blueberries or raspberries
- Leave your mix overnight in the fridge
- In the morning, heat it in the microwave for 1 minute
- Plate in a bowl and add fresh fruits on top (bananas and walnuts for me)
Let me know if you like it,
Pin it on Pinterest !